There is not one right way to do this, but hopefully you can find some advice here you would like to follow
Before You Start Searching
- Ask yourself the following questions before you look for career opportunities: Who are you? What can you do? What do you want?
- Map out your objectives, in terms of function, industry sector, responsibilities…
- Start looking for information on the role and sector that you are targeting.
- Test your first reflections with close professional connections, as long as you are sure that your intentions will be kept confidential.
- Update your CV and your LinkedIn profile
- Contact executive search firms
- Use your network more actively
Prepare For Interviews
- Find information on the firm, the position offered, the person you are meeting with
- Think about what your experience and achievements can relate to the position
- Be your own worst interview nightmare while preparing!